The Government has announced to introduce a new employer-assisted work visa to replace six temporary work visa types after mid-2021.
The new visa application process will be employer led.
Only accredited employers can hire a migrant worker on the employer-assisted work visa.
Before hiring a migrant on the new employer-assisted temporary work visa, employers will need to:
- apply for accreditation (application fee will apply),
- apply for a job check to make sure the role they want to fill cannot be done by New Zealanders, and,
- request a migrant worker to apply for a visa.
The six visas that will be replaced are:
- Essential Skills Work Visa
- Essential Skills Work Visa — approved in principle
- Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa
- Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa
- Silver Fern Job Search Visa (closed 7 October 2019)
- Silver Fern Practical Experience Visa
Any current visas held under the above are not impacted and remain valid until their expiry.
Other work visas will not be impacted by these changes.
For more details, please check the Immigration New Zealand website here.
Moving to NZ?
Contact one of our migration consulting team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or simply call 09 281 8885 to discuss your situation today!